DataFX 8.0b3 has been released
The 3rd beta of DataFX 8.0 has been released. Here are all new features / bugfixes of the version:
- Injection is working in superclasses (issue 30)
- @PreDestroy is now working correctly for view controllers in a flow (issue 22)
- DataFX-UI module contains a helper class to create form based views (see org.datafx.control.form.SimpleForm)
- Some general classes are moved to the DataFX-core module
- DataFX ExceptionHandling and the default thread pool can be configured (see org.datafx.DataFXConfiguration)
- Each view can define it’s metadata (title, icon, …) by using the ViewMetadata class. The current instance can be injected in a controller by using the @Metadata annotation. Example can be found here.
- The default title of a dialog and it’s icon can be defined by the @FXMLController annotation.
- The Flow class and the ViewFactory class provides methods to generate Tab instances. By doing so views or flows can simply be added to a TabbedPane and the title / icon will automatically be set.
- Jackson dependency was removed. DataFX now uses the default JSON spec for JEE.
- @ActionMethod annotation can be used to define flow actions directly in a controller class.
- @LinkAction annotation can be used to define flow links directly in a controller class.
- DataFxTask contains new then(…) method to support reactive programming
- All methods of the ProcessChain has been renamed. By doing so no casting when using lambdas is needed.
- FlowHandler class contains JFX properties instead of normal properties
- The ProcessChain has support to repeat it’s action.
- A first JPA sample was added for the new DataFX-crud module
For the next version we plan to add a lot of documentation and samples to the DataFX-core and DataFX-flow module. In addition we will change the build to gradle and modernize the usage of JSON. In addition we will try to fix the open issues.